Victims Register and Mental Health Review Tribunal

If you are a the primary victim-survivor of a crime and you wish to receive information about a convicted offender who is serving a sentence of imprisonment, or who is a forensic patient, you may be eligible to be listed on the NSW Victims Register.

When listed on the Victims Register, victims-survivors are given information about the offender’s status in prison and can include the following information:

  • the name of the prison in which the offender is currently imprisoned
  • sentence details
  • security classifications
  • details of any transfer of the offender from one prison to another
  • date and circumstances under which the offender will be released (for example, on bail, leave of absence, home detention or parole)
  • escape from custody and return to custody

A victim-survivor can be kept informed of the offender’s impending release from custody, if the offender escapes from custody or of any change in security classification that result in the offender being eligible for unescorted absence from custody.

The Victim Support Unit can assist with Parole submissions. For more information, please contact us.

For further information, contact the NSW Victims Register

Corrective Services NSW: Corrective Services NSW has responsibility for people who have been convicted of an offence and are in custody. Contact via their website or phone (o2) 8346 1374.

The Forensic Unit of the Mental Health Review Tribunal:  The Forensic Unit of the Mental Health Review Tribunal has responsibility for the victims register in relation to forensic patients as defined in the Mental Health (Criminal Procedure) Act 1990. Contact via their website or phone on (02) 9816 5955.

The Victim Support Unit can assist with Mental Health Review Tribunal submissions, should you be eligible to submit one. For more information, please contact us.

Youth Justice NSW: Youth Justice has responsibility for young people who have been accused or convicted of an offence and are in youth justice custody. To register as a victim of a young offender in custody contact via or (02) 8346 1406 or at Youth Justice.


Court Preparation & Support

Giving evidence in a criminal matter can be very difficult for a witness…

Counselling & Financial Assistance

Counselling for victims of crime may be available via Victims Services…

Support in other States

For more information on how to receive support outside of NSW

Please donate

Thank you for investing in the lives of others