Victims of Crime Assistance League (Hunter)
Shaping the future by validating, honouring and empowering victims of crime.
Established in 1989, the Victims of Crime Assistance League (VOCAL) Inc NSW is a gift-deductible charity assisting people harmed by crime, throughout NSW. VOCAL Inc NSW is managed by a Committee and Executive that meets monthly and has three major functions:
- To ensure compliance with our Constitution;
- To monitor the terms of agreement with NSW Government and oversee the work of the Victim Support Unit;
- To fundraise and expand our ability to function as the Victim Support Unit.
We regularly provide written and verbal submissions to both the Federal and NSW Government and around legislative change on issues important to victims of crime.
We invite you to support this important work, with options including:
- Become a financial member ($15 annually)
- Join our Committee and be part of a dynamic, evolving strategy of positive change for crime victims in NSW.
- Donate to our charity – donations over $2 are tax-deductible.
ABN 99 422 394 085
Located in Newcastle NSW, VOCAL’s Victim Support Unit, is partially funded via NSW Department of Justice (Victims Services) which enables us to provide a free service to people in the Hunter Region. We believe timely and accurate information, trauma informed strategies, along with practical and positive emotional support is paramount to recovery. We aspire to empower clients to make informed choices as they encounter complex health challenges, services, legal issues, court processes and life after crime.